Here is a video and some screen shots that describes how to import your photographs using Adobe Bridge. The most important things to remember are:
- When you first put the camera card in, iPhoto will start up. Before you quit it, let’s take the time to change the settings so that it never rears its ugly head again!
- You can do this by going to the “iPhoto” menu, click on it, and then select “Preferences” Click on “Connecting camera opens:” and select “No Application” See the photo on the right for a screenshot of this
- Once you open Bridge, go to the File menu and select “Get photos from camera” See the picture on the right for a screenshot of the settings
- Make sure you are putting your photos in the correct location! Not doing this can result in the loss of all your images! Make sure you are putting your images into a folder on the mediastudents folder.
- Also make sure that you are putting your images in a folder for each project – it can get VERY confusing if you have more than one project in the same folder
- Conversely, if you are shooting a set batch of photos for a project, make sure you put those in the same folder as the first batch of images, or else it will be very hard to edit your images in Bridge