Today we over the basics of how to use Unity and start building the world that your player will be playing in. Your first assignment will be to design the “map” for the terrain that your world will take place in. In order to do that effectively, you need to know a few technical things about the game.
- The game will be either 1st or 3rd person
- Your character will be travelling from one side of your map to the other. The objective is to escape (to get to the other side)
- Your character will encounter simple, cubic, flying robotic enemies that will attack your character.
- Your character will have some sort of a laser gun that you can use to shoot the enemies and escape.
- Your game MUST take place outside!
With these things in mind, you need to design your “map” which will show what your terrain is going to look like, as well as help show the way that you are going to direct your character around the map. Below are some examples of what your map can look like: